.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: MN

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Looking At The New Year

2006 is just hours away and I have to admit that I am looking forward to it. It's odd how we hold a single date on the calendar as the end or start point for our lives. New Years resolutions, new beginnings or even a rebirth. The New Year offers us an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over. There really is no reason why we could not have specified November 7th as the date we would start our new diet. We've decided to hold out until January 1st.

I am looking forward to the new year though. There truly are a number of fun, new things ahead for me. If you're reading this you probably already know that my daughter is now playing club volleyball. After the first of the year she will begin her first competitive season in club volleyball. I look forward to this because I enjoy watching my daughter enjoy herself, competing at a high level. The club volleyball season also brings new opportunities for some travel with the team. I think this could be a great time.

I started a new job last July. This position looks to give me some more flexibility in my scheduling of free time. I just may get to do a bit more fishing this year. After spending time with my family, there is nothing I would rather do than spend my time fishing.

I'm also looking forward to the spring of the season. As I get older I find I enjoy the birds so much more. To see them in my trees and to hear them sing outside my open bedroom window just at dawn.

Late in this holiday season I have been wishing my friends find JOY in their New Year. I wish this also for you, my family and myself. If we could all find more Joy in our lives, I think we would look for more ways to share that Joy with others around us.

So, for 2006 I wish you Joy and Laughter. May you find some of each in every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home