.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: MN

Monday, October 31, 2005

Women's Sports

As a parent of a female athlete I can admit to being prejudice on this topic, but I’ve come to believe that I would rather watch women’s athletics over men’s athletics anytime. It’s not because I like watching girls play sports because they are girls. Rather I love to watch women athletes perform in their given sport for the pleasure of competition.

The trash talking is gone. The focus is on the game. Though strong, women don’t conquer with brute strength but rather with skill and technique. It’s the quick step, the subtle fake, the fluid motion of a jump that makes women’s sports far more interesting than the men’s equivalent.

The game is sustained with heart, lost from the soul and won with pure joy. Women’s athletics is excitement, determination, effort and love of the game. Why would we watch anything else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home